All 2 entries tagged Backup
View all 5 entries tagged Backup on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Backup at Technorati | There are no images tagged Backup on this blog
August 08, 2007
Exporting your RefWorks references
If you wish to export your RefWorks account to another format (for example, if you want to transfer your references to a different piece of software, such as EndNote), you can do so using the instructions below. Full details on how to save your references and import them into the EndNote software, can be found on the EndNote website.
- Log in to your RefWorks account as normal.
- Click on the File menu and select Export.
- Choose your preferred format (for most purposes, you should select either Bibliographic Software or Tab Delimited).
- Click the Export to Text File button.
- A new window should appear containing details of all your references. If you have a pop-up blocker installed, it may not appear automatically, in which case, click on the text Download it.
- Click on the File menu for either Internet Explorer or Firefox and select Save As… (Save Page As… in Firefox).
- Choose where you would like to save your file and give it a file name.
- Your references have now been saved and can now be imported into other software.
February 05, 2007
Restoring a back up file to RefWorks – warning
A note of caution if you have a backup file you want to restore to your RefWorks account: when you perform the restore, the backup file will overwrite anything currently in your RefWorks account and replace it with the content of the backup file.
If there are references in your existing account that you want to save, you should use the Export option instead. This will allow you to add the additional records to your RefWorks account and won’t over-write any references you have already added.