All entries for February 2007
February 19, 2007
Before you can export references from Emerald, you may need to create your own profile, which will allow you to build a marked list of references. To do this click on My Profile and fill in your details to complete the registration process.To export records into your RefWorks account, try the following.
- Mark the records you are interested in by clicking on them.
- Click on Add to My List (this is in black next to the drop-down menu labelled Session Marked List.)
- On the left hand side of the screen, click on Market List, then click Download (ASCII) in the middle of the screen.
- Save the references to your computer as a text file.
- Login to your RefWorks account and select Import from the References menu.
- Select Emerald as the Import Filter/Data Source
- Click on the Browse button and double-click on the file you have just saved.
- Click on Import to put add the References into your RefWorks account
February 12, 2007
- At the screen labelled Athens Authentication Point, click on Alternative login
- On the screen Organisations who use Athens access management, click the + next to universities
- Click on University of Warwick, then click Go at the next screen (which has a green arrow on it).
You should now get the usual Warwick login page and be able to login using your standard computer username and password.
February 05, 2007
A note of caution if you have a backup file you want to restore to your RefWorks account: when you perform the restore, the backup file will overwrite anything currently in your RefWorks account and replace it with the content of the backup file.
If there are references in your existing account that you want to save, you should use the Export option instead. This will allow you to add the additional records to your RefWorks account and won’t over-write any references you have already added.