Problems with Direct Export from OVID Medline – Alternative method
There currently appears to be a problem using the Direct Export feature of RefWorks with the Ovid Medline database. There is, however, a slightly more complicated way of getting the references into your RefWorks account, using the instructions below:Stage One: Saving the references in Medline
- Do your search in Medline as normal and mark the references you want to keep.
- Go to the Results Manager at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Result Format, select Ovid.
- Click on Save.
- On the next screen, select Windows Style Linefeeds and click Continue.
- Click Save to disk.
- Give the file a name and choose where you wish to save it, as normal.
- Log into your RefWorks account.
- Click on the References menu and select Import.
- On the next screen, under Import Filter/Data Source, select University of Warwick.
- Under Database, select Medline [OVID].
- Under Import Data from the following text file, click the Browse button.
- Find the file you saved in Stage One and select it.
- Click the Import button.
Add a commentYou are not allowed to comment on this entry as it has restricted commenting permissions.