Importing single references from the Library Catalogue
If you just want to import a single item from the the Library Catalogue into your RefWorks account, there’s now an easier way to do it
Note: this process only works for a single reference. If you want to import lots of references from the Library Catalogue, you should view the blog entry called Importing records from the Library Catalogue, posted on 24 May 2007.
- Search the Library Catalogue as usual.
- Click on the title of the book you are interested in to display the full information.
- Click on the blue External resources button. You will find this just above the search box in the middle of the screen.
- A new window appears. In the section labelled Recommended Web Resources, click on the link to RefWorks.
- When prompted, log in to your RefWorks account as normal. The details of the book you were viewing will be displayed. If you wish to add any additional notes you can do so at this stage. If you do make any changes, remember to click the Save button to update the reference.
- To return to the Library Catalogue, click on the blue Home button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
Note: You may find that the Classmark details (stored in the Notes field) don’t display properly. This is being looked into and will be fixed as soon as possible.
Add a commentYou are not allowed to comment on this entry as it has restricted commenting permissions.