Importing References from the Cochrane Library
If you want to import references from the Cochrane Library of Systematic Reviews, it is now possible to do so. Just follow these steps:Step 1: Saving your Cochrane Library references
- Do your search on the Cochrane Library as normal.
- From the list of results, mark the references you want to keep by ticking the box to the left hand side of the individual reference.
- Click on the Export Selected Citations button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, under Export Type choose either Citation (to save the basic details) or Citation and Abstract (to save the basic details and the summary).
- Under File Type, choose either PC or Mac, depending on the computer you are using, then click the Go button.
- Choose Save to Disk when prompted and save the file to a disk (you can change the filename at this stage if you wish).
- Log in your RefWorks account as normal.
- Click on References then Import
- On the next screen, under Import Filter/Data Source, select Wiley InterScience.
- Under Database select Wiley InterScience.
- Click the Browse button to find the file you have just saved from the Cochrane Library and double click on it to select it.
- Click the Import button at the bottom of the screen to import the references into your account.
Add a commentYou are not allowed to comment on this entry as it has restricted commenting permissions.