All entries for Thursday 24 May 2007
May 24, 2007
There’s now a slightly easier way to import references from the Library Catalogue
Stage 1: Saving references from the Library Catalogue
1. Go to the Library Catalogue.
2. Search for a book and click on the title.
3. At the top of the screen, click on the Save Records button.
(At this stage, you can go and search for other items. When you have found and saved all the items you need, go on to Stage 4.)
4. Click on the View Saved button.
5. Click on Export Saved.
6. Under Format of List, choose the option End-Note/RefWorks.
7. Under Send List To, choose the option Local Disk.
8. Click on the Submit button.
9. Select Save to Disk and click OK.
10. Save the file in the usual way.
Stage 2: Importing references into RefWorks
1. Log in to your RefWorks account.
2. Click on the References menu, then select Import.
3. Under Import Filter/Database, select the option University of Warwick.
4. Under Database, select the option University of Warwick Library Catalogue.
5. Click the Browse button and select the file you have just saved.
6. Click the Import button
7. A message will confirm your references have been successfully imported.