All entries for Wednesday 17 May 2006
May 17, 2006
Did you know it’s possible to import references from the library catalogue into RefWorks? This is a two stage process. Here are some brief instructions on how to do it.
Stage 1: Saving references from the Library Catalogue
1. Go to the library catalogue.
2. Search for a book and click on the title.
3. At the top of the screen, click on the Save Records button.
(At this stage, you can go and search for other items. When you have found and saved all the items you need, go on to Stage 4.)
4. Click on the View Saved button.
5. Click on Export Saved.
6. Under Format of List, choose the option End-Note/RefWorks.
7. Under Send List To, choose the option Local Disk.
8. Click on the Submit button.
9. Select Save to Disk and click OK.
10. Save the file in the usual way.
Stage 2: Importing references into RefWorks
1. Log in to your RefWorks account.
2. Click on the References menu, then select Import.
3. Under Import Filter/Database, select the option Innovative Interfaces (EndNote/RefWorks filter).
4. Under Database, select the option EndNote/RefWorks filter.
5. Click the Browse button and select the file you have just saved.
6. Click the Import button
7. A message will confirm your references have been successfully imported.