All entries for Wednesday 08 August 2007
August 08, 2007
Exporting your RefWorks references
If you wish to export your RefWorks account to another format (for example, if you want to transfer your references to a different piece of software, such as EndNote), you can do so using the instructions below. Full details on how to save your references and import them into the EndNote software, can be found on the EndNote website.
- Log in to your RefWorks account as normal.
- Click on the File menu and select Export.
- Choose your preferred format (for most purposes, you should select either Bibliographic Software or Tab Delimited).
- Click the Export to Text File button.
- A new window should appear containing details of all your references. If you have a pop-up blocker installed, it may not appear automatically, in which case, click on the text Download it.
- Click on the File menu for either Internet Explorer or Firefox and select Save As… (Save Page As… in Firefox).
- Choose where you would like to save your file and give it a file name.
- Your references have now been saved and can now be imported into other software.