All entries for July 2008
July 23, 2008
Petr Cech doesn't just make one mistake. One mistake is OK. But he has made lots of them last season and he can't do penalty, which has cost him the Community Shield and the Champions League last season.
I think Cech has changed a lot since he got his head injury, but not for the better. He used to be the best before he got his head injury, but now, he is not the best.
July 21, 2008
Chelsea's Petr Cech has just signed a new contract and according to Luiz Filipe Scolari, he is the best goalkeeper in the world. Really?
I don't think so. I mean look at him. He didn't win anything with Chelsea last season and he did a blunder when playing against Turkey, resulting in the Czech Republic being knocked out of Euro 2008. Surely, there are better goalkeepers than him. Eh!?
So what do you think?
July 08, 2008
Today, the legendary new Chelsea boss Scolari had his first press conference. While watching it on Sky Sports News, I have realised there are many similarities between the new Chelsea boss and the 'Special One' (that's JM, in case you don't know.) These are:
- They both come from Portuguese speaking nations
- They are so much fun to watch.
Sadly, Big Phil's English isn't as great as JM, but he is still very entertaining.
So what do you think Big Phil will do next season?
July 07, 2008
After the sacking of the charismatic 'Special One', Chelsea made Avram Grant boss. Then, Chelsea sacked Avram Grant after ending the season with ABSOLUTELY nothing. Luckless Avram.
So where is Avram Grant now? Early sources have told me that Grant has been offered the job of managing the Georgia national team by the Georgian FA. Is this true or just a gossip? If you have any information about the whereabout of Avram Grant, put it as a comment and put on your source.
July 01, 2008
- Portugal: I have expected Portugal to do well. Before Euro 2008, I thought Portugal would reach semi final or even final with players like Ronaldo, Deco and Ricardo (gk), but they could only reach the 1/4 final.
- Croatia: Before Euro 2008, I thought Slaven Bilic was a genius: young, highly qualified, a musician and very successful, everything you want from a 21st century football manager. What happened during their match against Turkey before the penalty shoot-out was an act of foolishness: the Croatians celebrating after they scored a goal and Turkey replied by scoring a goal. This can't be cool.
- Holland: I had high expectation for Holland. I thought they might even win Euro 2008. Like all things that are related to the Oranges, it all started well. In fact, watching them play in the group matches was like reading a fairytale book. They played attacking football and everything went well. The 1/4 final was like a disaster. They did not play attacking football (the Russians did) and the back 4 did not defend well. Maybe that's what Holland is all about.
- Italy: I had a feeling that the Italians were a bit old and slow but they survived Group C, which was OK.
- Turkey: They had a more average team than the Russians. You see, some of the Russians actually won the UEFA Cup some months ago and they had a magical coach in the form of Guus Hiddink. Did the Turks have all of these? No. But they still did as well as the Russians.