All 10 entries tagged News
January 12, 2006
On tonight's RaW News: Insight
- We'll be reviewing the best place to live for next year
- Coventry, Leamington or Kenilworth – which is best?
- The views of experts and students
- Everything the first year needs
Tune in from 5pm on 1251AM or listen online
And you can download previous shows from the website too!
January 10, 2006
This Thursday at 5pm on RaW, RaW News Insight will be giving you the lowdown on finding a house for next year. We'd like to hear from first years, who've got questions that we'll put to an expert. Leave them as a comment below.
But we'd also like to hear from second, third and fourth years.
- What tips would you offer a Fresher looking for a house for the first time?
- Where's the best place to live?
- How many people should you live with?
- What disasters should you look out for!?
Listen in on Thursday, and you could find your comments helping others to choose a house for next year.
January 09, 2006
A new term, and a bigger RaW News.
Listen to RaW for 12 chunky news bulletins every week, including weekend bulletins for the first time. We'll have the latest campus, local, national and international news, sport, entertainment and what's on guides. And head over to our website to download the latest Insight, broadcast live every Thursday at 5pm. This week we'll be looking at student housing, giving you all you need to know about living off campus.
So listen to RaW News every day of the week:
1.30pm (Monday to Friday)
5.00pm (7 days a week)
November 17, 2005
Writing about web page link
Yes, it's almost that time of the week again and its another packed edition of RaW News Insight. Coming up tonightat 5…
The smoking ban saga continues – the original motion to ban smoking in the union has been altered over the weekend, to include cuts to society funding, opening hours and union events should the motion be passed. In other words, if you were up for banning smoking, you could be about to get a lot more than what you bargained for.
We'll have the full story on the programme, and we'll be talking to the people campaigning for and against the motion. Do you think it's right to alter the proposal into something that no-one will vote for? Send us your views during the programme – email@example.com is the addres.
Chicago vs Leamington Spa – Good ol' Leam's become a hotbed of vice and violence – well that's if you believe the local paper this week. Violent crimes are on the up they say – we'll be talking to the West Midlands police to see how you can keep safe.
Leah Betts – 10 years on Believe it or not, today marks 10 years since Leah Betts died after taking Ecstacy on her 18th birthday. The antidrugs campaign has practically ground to a halt in recent years. We'll be finding out if the Leah Bett's story changed your views on drugs when you were kids.
And we'll be going to Thailand to see how the country is recovering from the Tsunami almost 1 year on, and taking a look behind the headlines at the violent insurgences in the southern provinces.
This, plus much much more today, live at five, only on RaW 1251am and online.
November 09, 2005
On Thursday's RaW News: Insight
- The proposer of the controversial motion to ban smoking in the Students Union defends the idea, live in the studio.
- Wetherspoons tells us that sales of drinks are likely to fall if smoking is banned.
- In the week that the Chinese President visits the UK, the University's expert on Chinese Politics tells us whether the country poses an economic threat to the West.
- Abortion – does a mother have a right to know?
- And is there any good value to be had at Warwick PLC? We investigate the best and worst value meals to be had on campus.
- Plus Best of the Blogs and a profile of France and its civil disorder.
Listen in, from 5pm, on RaW:
ON RaW 1251AM
ON RaW Online
And hear previous shows on the RaW News pages
October 23, 2005
RaW's been nominated in the 10th Student Radio Awards, in association with Radio 1
Here's what we're nominated for:
- Best Entertainment – 'Donkey Punch'
- Best Comedy and Drama – 'The Arts Quiz'
- Best News – 'RaW News'
- Best Sport – 'RaW Sport'
The results are announced in late November.
You can listen to RaW's high quality programming online (oh yes) at www.radio.warwick.ac.uk
October 12, 2005
THE SENATE VOTES AGAINST WARWICK IN ASIA
FULL DETAILS NOW ON RAW NEWS
(you can listen at www.radio.warwick.ac.uk)
This afternoon sees the vote on whether Warwick should go to Singapore, creating a multi-million pound campus. RaW News will bring you the result live, from 4pm onwards, with a News Special at 5pm, where we'll be talking to Senate members about the result.
Then tomorrow, RaW News Insight will be analysing the result, again at 5pm.
So for the latest on Warwick in Asia, and exclusive news from the Senate's meeting, tune into RaW 1251AM today from 4pm.
October 05, 2005
On RaW News: Insight
Tonight at 5pm
1251AM – www.radio.warwick.ac.uk
- Bus Versus Car – which will win in a race from Leamington to Uni?
- Stagecoach explain the thought behind their pink buses:
"We were bored on that day, so thought 'hmm…pink'"
- David Vandelinde speaks to RaW about Singapore
- We assess Turkey's chances of EU membership
- Best of the Blogs – could you be featured?
- And the latest campus, national and international headlines
Tonight at 5pm. RaW News: Insight
September 26, 2005
Tune in to the next RaW News: Insight for:
- The Great RaW News Pizza Challenge
- Profile: Afghanistan
- The future of DC++
- Kat Stark on the Warwick in Asia project
- Best of Warwick Blogs
- The latest news headlines
- Your guide to what's on
- Mickey Mouse degrees
- RaW News Preview
And FAR MORE!!!!!!
Tune in, this Wednesday at 5pm, on RaW 1251AM, or online at link