All entries for October 2005
October 23, 2005
RaW's been nominated in the 10th Student Radio Awards, in association with Radio 1
Here's what we're nominated for:
- Best Entertainment – 'Donkey Punch'
- Best Comedy and Drama – 'The Arts Quiz'
- Best News – 'RaW News'
- Best Sport – 'RaW Sport'
The results are announced in late November.
You can listen to RaW's high quality programming online (oh yes) at www.radio.warwick.ac.uk
October 21, 2005
Log of media coverage:
– BBC 6 O'Clock News – package from Warwick Uni, 6.15pm
– ITV Evening News – package in the studio, 6.45pm
– Channel 4 News, 7.25pm
– More4 News – direct quote from RaW interview, 8.25pm
– BBC Coventry and Warwickshire – interviews with Jimmy, Chris and Olivia, 5.45pm
– BBC Radio 4 – PM - clip from RaW's interview – 5.35pm
– BBC Radio 4 – Midnight News
– Sky News – package from Warwick Uni, 5.10pm
– BBC News 24
And a big report on Newsnight tonight – BBC Two at 10.30pm.
October 20, 2005
So you may have seen on the news today that David Davis will launch his bid for the Conservative leadership with a visit to Warwick.
As well as a press conference, he'll also be in the studio for a special interview with RaW, the radio station he helped create, back in the day.
Listen in from 1.30pm and we'll be asking him why he wants to be Tory leader, and asking whether he's got any chance of beating David Cameron.
If you've got any burning – and serious – questions you want to ask, leave them as a comment and we'll see if we've got time to ask them.
And there'll be more from David on tomorrow's 5pm RaW News bulletin.
Listen on 1251AM or online at www.radio.warwick.ac.uk
On today's RaW News Insight, we'll be bringing you a personal safety special.
- We'll be talking about the level of violent crime in our area, and talking about what you can do to stay safe.
- We'll bring you the result of the latest round of the Tory Leadership election as it comes in.
- To mark the start of British Cheese Week, we'll be talking to a cheese expert and indulging in some cheese tasting.
- And we'll be talking to sports editor Steve Hoon about the latest sports news, and we'llhave regular feature, Best of the Blogs.
That's RaW News Insight, today (Thursday) at 5pm.
October 19, 2005
October 12, 2005
THE SENATE VOTES AGAINST WARWICK IN ASIA
FULL DETAILS NOW ON RAW NEWS
(you can listen at www.radio.warwick.ac.uk)
This afternoon sees the vote on whether Warwick should go to Singapore, creating a multi-million pound campus. RaW News will bring you the result live, from 4pm onwards, with a News Special at 5pm, where we'll be talking to Senate members about the result.
Then tomorrow, RaW News Insight will be analysing the result, again at 5pm.
So for the latest on Warwick in Asia, and exclusive news from the Senate's meeting, tune into RaW 1251AM today from 4pm.
October 05, 2005
On RaW News: Insight
Tonight at 5pm
1251AM – www.radio.warwick.ac.uk
- Bus Versus Car – which will win in a race from Leamington to Uni?
- Stagecoach explain the thought behind their pink buses:
"We were bored on that day, so thought 'hmm…pink'"
- David Vandelinde speaks to RaW about Singapore
- We assess Turkey's chances of EU membership
- Best of the Blogs – could you be featured?
- And the latest campus, national and international headlines
Tonight at 5pm. RaW News: Insight