Just arrived back from China, and decided that I should have kept a blog while I was there, so am going to try to blog some stuff now (could turn into a very long post!).
Don't really know where to start so I'll just try to list a few things…
What was I doing…
Teaching English to English teachers, and being classed as a foreign expert :s. When I stood in front of a class of 34 adults, all older than me I for the first time I was definately did not feeling like an expert!
Things I'm already missing about China…
1. My class, and the people I taught, their enthusiasm, their dedication and their friendliness!
2. Our chaperones – always eating meal together we had become like family! They showed us how to eat each new dish, translated for us, shopped with us, bargained for us, explained how to use the toilet… there were soooooooooo lovely!
3. The food – I eat so much (its nice to get restaurant food cooked for 3 times a day) yet I didnt put on any weight
Things I missed about England
1. Chocolate not being such a luxery
2. Being able to use the internet
3. Speaking to people
4. Lots of weddings :(
I love food, and Chinese food is very good, and I ate lots and lots.
Particularly unusual dishes were pig's ear, tortoise head, and donkey. One meal we had a donkey feast – cold donkey, hot donkey, donkey tendons, donkey soup and donkey in bread. The 1st dish was nice, the 5th wasn't so easy to eat! I was full for the next 24 hrs (honestly) and I'm always hungry!
Wil update this and load some photos later :)