All 4 entries tagged Music
February 20, 2007
January 28, 2007
Writing about web page http://www.radio.warwick.ac.uk
5 reasons to listen to RaW on 87.7FM
- Support your fellow students
- RaW DJs will play your requests because, unlike Radio 1, we honestly don’t get all that many.
- These 4 weeks are the time of year into which most of ours efforts are put – so it should be good!
- RaW DJs are students, you are (more than likely) students, so hopefully yours ears should enjoy what we have to say.
- We play a wide-range of music, we bring you student news first and there are loads of great speech-based shows too (debates, comedy, sport)
Just for four weeks – please listen and support RaW. Seriously, the more people listen, the more our DJs are encouraged to make better and better radio. You can listen online too!
January 25, 2007
Michael Eavis has started to reveal the acts that will headline this year’s Glastonbury festival. Unsurprisingly, the Arctic Monkeys will take to the Pyramid Stage over the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of June. The same goes for Bjork who’s already treated the Somerset countryside to her unique brand of Icelandic of alternative-pop-electronica several times.
Interestingly, Eavis has announced that ‘the biggest band in the world’ have been in contact and want to play. But, he has denied that this means U2 or Coldplay, which leaves me wondering…
Now, unless he’s talking about some aged rockers, eg the Rolling Stones, then I’m stuck as to who it could be. I suppose I’d be revealing the bias of my own musical taste by suggesting Radiohead or Muse. Oasis maybe? Unless I’ve forgotten someone really obvious, I can’t see who else he could be talking about. Anyone?
Last weekend’s Observer Music Monthly cited rumours that
[Axl Rose] sleeps all day and stays up all night, combing the internet for mentions of his name.
So here you go Axl…another new mention to get riled up by.
Nothing much to say about you if I’m honest…except no matter how good November Rain was…after 10 years spent writing this new album, it’d better be bluddy, bluddy amazing.
March 6th is the big day