All entries for Saturday 18 December 2004
December 18, 2004
I hold my hands up in shame, i did not attend the game at St. Andrews today, firstly i refused to pay 38–00 to see what would be a poor West Brom performance, and secondly i overslept.
Spent the day building a shed in the garden with my dad… and after listening to the game on the radio at the same time, i decided i'd probably made the right decision!
Robson started with a suprising formation and line up… a MUST WIN GAME rallied Robson and he obviously meant it playing only 3 players out of position today, a distinct improvement on the usual starting XIs.
AND only 2 players coming in from the cold in todays squad meant that maybe we had a chance.
Greening, Johnson, Koumas, Gera
Clement, Scimeca, Purse, Haas
Subs: Kuszczak GK, Wallwork (for Kanu 78), Dyer, Horsefield, Earnshaw (for Gera HT)
– OK, Kanu is not a striker, yet hes played as an out and out forward
– Gera is not a winger, but lets play him there
– Koumas a left winger played in the centre on the right side?
– Gaardsoe a centreback played as def mid?
– Scimeca a right footed def mid played left sided centreback???
AND HE PLAYED BERNT HAAS??? (comical by name, comical by nature)
– Leaves Robbie (5goals in last 5games) Earnshaw on the bench
– Takes off our best player and only one causing any problems off at HT
Zoltan Gera for your own good please leave and go to a team where you will be appreciated, you're a fantastic talent and wasted on us!
We lasted 4 mins into the game, 1–0 down… and game over – At that point my head dropped and i just went back to building the shed…
All i know is Morrison scored one and Emile Heskey hammered another 2 home… altho one was a goalie error and the other a deflection off his fat arse does very little to comfort the fact he still scored two!!!!
… To the pub!