New Journal – Memory Studies
FIRST ISSUE JANUARY 2008
Memory Studies will examine the social, cultural, political and technological shifts affecting how, what and why individuals, groups and societies remember. The Journal will probe and challenge proliferating public and academic discourses on the nature, forms and consequences of memory in the contemporary era and will provide paradigmatic strength and direction to the emerging field.
Areas of dialogue and debate will include:
– everyday remembering
– social, collective and public memory
– media, mechanisms, archive and amnesia
– biography and history
– schema and narrative
– cosmopolitanism and globalization
– cultural memory and heritage
– catastrophe and trauma
– nation and nostalgia
– oral history and the culture of the witness – the politics of identity.
Memory Studies will be available electronically on SAGE Journals Online at http://mss.sagepub.com
See here http://www.sagepub.co.uk/journalsProdDesc.nav?prodId=Journal201801 for free online trial to Volume 1.