All entries for Wednesday 01 February 2006
February 01, 2006
After a delay of several days due to illness, the first prototype of the portal interface has been completed. It will be distributed later today to "guinea pigs" for feedback, along with a few use cases for them to document their activities for me.
- Internet Explorer adds a left-right scrollbar unnecessarily when the Inbox CSS element overflows.
- Issue with border-widths in Internet Explorer – a 1px border is invisible, but a thin border is incredibly thick. Alternatives are being investigated.
- Forced space-characters are displaying as squares in IE. This will be sorted properly, most likely with spacer images.
- Drop-down menu functionality on "Learn" and "Module Resources" pages merely show intended functionality.
- "Diary", "Email", "Forums", "Degree" and "Help" have no content
- Search function is disabled
- Homepage links direct the user to the relevant page rather than the message/resource itsself
- Content is not complete – many dummy/duplicate pages.
- Sizing is mostly relative, although on resolutions lower than 1024×768 it seems rather claustrophobic.