Medea. Session 3
On Wednesday of this week, the film and performance group went out to film a test reel on my little 1CCD camcorder just to get a general idea of what locations would work and how.
This achieved several objectives. Mainly it enabled myself, Ricardo and Rothwell to story board the film project so that all we had to do Thursday was get the equipment [the departments very nice Panasonic DVX100 and 700 series Manfrotto tripod with if I'm not mistaken a 501 Manfrotto head] and just go out and film. We did this very succesfully and despite a few scenes we are done. We need to book studio time next week for the dialogue scenes and then next Thursday we will crack on with the editing on the very nice Avid Editing Machines they have in the dept's editing suite.
The group were a coherant and well oiled unit I felt during the filming process, I do feel however I may have been slightly over bearing as a cameraman as I have a passion and knowledge of camera operation. But I think everybody who wanted to had a chance to be involved in both technical and peformance aspects of the film making process. If I offended anybody in my group by 'taking control' I sincerely apologise.
Before we went out filming on thursday, we had a discussion about the possibilities of a Male Vs Female theme throughout our piece and both groups [male group and a female group] made up lists of things about the opposite sex that annoyed them. The results were both heated and interesting. And we strived to incorporate the finding into our film.