All entries for February 2011
February 04, 2011
My action plan was as follows:
- a 50/50 target in terms of listening and speaking. i will try to address this particularly in seminars but also in other things that I do
- increase my knowledge on how organizations work- To read the news more often, preferably daily and to also take the time to look at the business sections. I also plan on visiting various firms for open days, work experience and workshops on commercial awareness
- Networking- Attend various presentations by firms and when I go out to make a new acquaintance
- work on my flexibility- not be so unwilling to change styles, activities even if it was not planned inn advance
I believe that I have generally made progress in relation to most of these points. I shall consider my development in relation to each of them
- I generally participate more in seminars particularly that of Property and to some extent legal theory. I try as much as possible to do the preparatory reading before seminars and listen in lectures so that I am able to contribute relevantly.
- With respect to finding out more about how organizations work I have attended 4 law firm open days and been to various presentations about organizations and also to read up on them.
- Networking- Through the different societies that I have joined and my recent activities I have met more people in my course and who have similar interests as myself. Just yesterday I even went to a tennis social which was a really good experience.
- In relation to flexibility I am working on achieving this but I have also realized that the reason I have a diary and plan my day is to allow me to achieve the different goals I have for a day and as such I only do what is within reason.