All entries for Sunday 19 February 2012
February 19, 2012
Learning from experience
Why is it that some people do not want to learn from other peoples experiences? Learning from other peoples experience actually makes you want to know how they overcame the problem(s). Alot of people want to make their own mistakes and learn from them themselves. But those who share their mistakes from their experiences help people overcome similar issues... Learning from other people's experience actually makes you realize what the world is really like once you start working in the real world.
I came across two qoute:
- "Experience is the child of thought, and thought is the child of action" (Benjamin Disraeli)
- "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Leadership Is Not All About Winning!!
From a week of the Leadership module I have learnt that Leadership is not all about winning but it is about learning to be an effective leader in your team or environment. Even though I have been in the winning team three times now, I have learnt that you have to make the atmosphere in your team to be a learning from mistakes one. Making the atmosphere more friendly and fun, will help make the followers more motivated to follow. There are some key qualities to be an effective leader that I have learnt from this week:
- Having a Vision, creating goals to achieve what you want.
- Having the ability to communicate and listen to others in yout group/team other then yourself.
- Creating that fairness and openess atmosphere.
- Have confidence not only in your group/followers but in yourself.
- Taking responsibility and exploreing other members of your team.
- Be able to encourage, motivate and inspire other members in your group.