All entries for Tuesday 30 October 2007
October 30, 2007
Introduction of the Weekly Schedule
My university course timetable has been uploaded to this blog. Highlighted throughout the week are the times where I will be on campus and available to work on the project. The schedule may always be found at the url:
Weekly Project Reports
From now on, the Week # Schedule section of each weekly project report will link to the general schedule and will add more information only if there is some expected deviation from it, for that particular week.
29/10/2007 - Term 1, Week 5 (Start of)
Following is the work done over the last week:
- A decision has been made regarding the proposed change to the specification. It was decided that the aim and scope of the project would remain unchanged.
- Some research has been done (and concluded) concerning the data storage requirements of the system. It has been decided that MusicXML will be a used throughout the system. It has yet to be decided exactly how the system will use this to display the score to the user at the browser.
Significantly fewer goals have been acheived than expected. It had been the intention that, by the end of this week, all research and requirement-elicitation type tasks would have been completed. However, I remain in the throes of data structure and development tool research.
Given that the essential requirements of the system are now well established in my mind, the formality of producing a list of requirements is not hindering the design of the system. However it would still be useful to have this documentation.
Current Project State
As anticipated in last weeks report, the Analysis phase is going to have to continue through the next week, despite the original intention to have begun design work by now. The project timetable will be updated.
All outstanding Analysis-style tasks need to be completed by the end of this week.
Week 5 Tasks
- Finalise choice developments tools
- Finalise choice of data storage systems
- Consider graphics requirements
- Continue the development of prototypes of futher sophistication
- Produce a set list of requirements
Week 5 Schedule
My general weekly schedule may be found here.