Hot on the heels of our previous release, we've released another new version of BlogBuilder this morning with some improvements and new features:
BlogBuilder now allows you to upload any file to your blog and link to it from your entries. This means you can, for example, upload your CV, or a Word Document for a group, or even an MP3 of you and your band playing directly into your blog entries.
The easiest way to do this is when you are creating an entry; in the Textile2 editor click the image next to "To insert a file" - , or from the WYSIWYG editor click the File Picker button - and follow the instructions to either pick a file already uploaded to your blog or to upload one directly into the entry. You can also upload files from the Admin screen for your blog if you go to the Manage Your Files and click "Upload a file" at the top.
For the moment, we're allowing 10MB of upload space per blog to use as you wish (under the Terms and Conditions of Warwick Blogs). Should you require more than this, email us with a request and we can increase your quota.
Improvements to WYSIWYG Editor
There've been a couple of improvements to the WYSIWYG editor:
- The style of the editor should now more closely match what your blog looks like (apart from the colours)
- We've added buttons for Blockquote, Indent and Outdent to the toolbar that were missing before
- It's now possible to easily create an image as a thumbnail to a larger image from the image picker
- You can now switch between the Textile and WYSIWYG editors directly from the "Create entry" screen. Please note, you will lose any content changes since the last edit
- The Preview button should now work correctly