All entries for Monday 11 October 2004
You can now create an "About me" page on your blog. If you go to your blog admin screen, there is a new option called "Edit Profile". Just go in there and enter a few fields and BlogBuilder will auto-generate an "About me" page for you. Some features:
- You get to choose who can see your "About me" page
- You can pick a photo to put on there
- It will automatically put some information about your blog in there for you, such as latest entries, links to galleries, links to collections you are in, etc…
- You can customise the page to only show certain elements. If you wish to essentially build your own page, just tick the "Show only freeform" checkbox and you can ignore all the auto-generated stuff.
For a first draft we've tried to make that page nice and simple, but hopefully we can improve this page further in the future, so if you have any feedback, please let us know.
It's been a little while since I posted an updates. However, quite a few changes have been going on in the background.
- Improvement: HTML is no longer allowed in comments
- Improvement: Real number of blogs is shown on the homepage (it wasn't including some before). We now have 1200 blogs!
- New feature: You can now click the little icon on the groups/contributors pages to get a search form to help you find users
- New feature: There is now a proper directory of blogs. You can browse blogs by A-Z or do a search.
- Improvement: Collections by department/module should be much quicker now.