Road–trip 660 miles in 10hours
Here are some pictures* of the trip I made today to drop MDW off at the Dhanakosa Retreat in the Highlands of Scotland. It was a glorious day, foggy at first leaving Birmingham around 6am, but by the time we reached Cumbria it was clear and by lunchtime in Balquhidder (site of Rob Roy’s grave) it was balmy. We took a short walk, had a picnic lunch by the river, a coffee at a recently refurbished hotel and then said our goodbyes.
The guy on the ladder asked when I was going to come on Retreat – thinking about it on the long drive home I realised that I was actually quite jealous of MDW – though I couldn’t do the Yoga-meditation Retreat, the walking-meditation one sounds very appealing (especially if weather like today’s could be guaranteed).
- 05:45 Leave Birmingham
- 08:00 Stop for car and body fuel at Tebay Services (M6 Cumbria)
- 08:45 Depart Tebay
- 10:40 Leave M9 at Stirling
- 11:30 Arrive Balquhidder
- 14:30 Depart Balquhidder
- 16:00 to 16:30 Almost stationary in roadworks M74 (S) J10-11
- 18:00 Stop at Tebay Services (going South this time)
- 20:20 Arrive back at home
Road-trip 660 miles in 10 hours
- MDW brought the camera back from Poland on Wednesday