Follow–up on Delivering effective presentations
Heres a summary of how I've been getting on with my action points
Thank you for your entry, we finally managed to have it worked, somehow :)
Today, I would like to reflect a bit on my first entry. The presentation I was writing about was held on Monday.
When I was deciding how to prepare and structure the presentation and how to make it more interactive and enjoyable, I came across Prezi. I don’t know if you are familiar with prezi, but basically it is an interactive presentation with moving effects. I decided to use this type of presentation because I wanted to allow myself a bit more time between the slides and also I found it much more easier to have such presentation as an aid.
It really kept me more fluid with my thoughts. Interestingly, I actually new the steps and slides of the presentation better because I needed to prepare it, I actually played with the presentation. It is completely different from PowerPoint.
Here is the link if you are interested in:
So what I have done so far, and what I have learnt:
1. prezi definitely as a great tool for becoming more connected with the topic of the presentation
2. I started to work on the presentation 2 weeks ahead, so I had more time for thinking and being more creative.
3. I prepared the core text – outline, but I didn’t prepare any full sentences. And the text and thoughts I wanted to have said were just coming when I was making the prezi.
4. When the prezi was finished, I went through the presentation several times which helped me to remember the main points.
5. Also as you can see in the presentation, I did one interesting thing. The presentation is divided into three parts. Before each part, there is one slide with the overall picture, where you can actually switch from one topic to another. And also, great for thinking and keeping up with the outline.
As far as feedback is concerned, I received very positive reaction from the audience, there were also some questions regarding the event, but when I knew that the presentation went well, I was relaxed and actually enjoyed the interest from the audience. Also it was quite interesting to have questions from another presenters who were online – which was also a challenge because you never know what such an expert can ask you :)
Hope I haven’t forgotten any though I wanted to mention!
Thank you Bev for reading it and look forward to your respond.