All entries for Friday 24 March 2006
March 24, 2006
As a teacher you ask plenty of questions:
- What is 7×8?
- How do we work out the area of a triangle?
- Is that gum?
- Why are you swinging form the light fittings?
But the pupils ask plenty of questions too. If they ever say 'Can I ask a question – it's not about maths', then run away very fast (unless you're an English Teacher in which case you'd probably be wondering why they felt the need to offer clarification that their forthcoming line of enquiry doesn't involve any mathematics).
- What would you do if I punched you in the face? (Let's not try to find out)
- Is there really such thing as an hermaphrodite? (Yes, there is)
- How old are you? You look about twelve. (I'm older than you)
- Can I tell you a joke? (No!)
- Are you a proper teacher? (Are you a proper pupil?)
- Do you love me? (Stop asking silly questions and get on with your work)