I have to admit to being a very bad person and not blogging on here for a very very long time. Sort of, well forgot. Everyone seems to prefer Facebook and twitter, but I suddenly remembered how nice it was to read a full length entry, rather than a comment restricted to about 50 characters long…
So the Music Centre has been up to a lot in the year and a half that we’ve not blogged. The main highlights have to be the tours – everyone’s been at it, from Symphony Orchestra and Chorus to Belgium March 2009, Wind orch and Brass to Prague July 2009, Big Band to Vienna July 2009, Chamber Orchestra to INDIA!! November 2009, Wind Orch mini tour, Chamber Choir tour to Devon & Cornwall and right back to the Easter Holidays 2010 with Symphony Orch and Chorus going to the Netherlands. Phew!!
The Summer term will see an exciting range of concerts and shows so here’s a brief rundown of what you can expect to see. Full details are available on our website
- Opera Warwick present Ruddigore a witch’s curse – G&S – May 14th – 22nd at various venues around Campus, Coventry and Warwickshire. Tickets available soon! For more details “visit here”: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/sunion/opera/
- String Orchestra @ Kenilworth Festival – May 15th 7.30pm St John’s Church, Kenilworth. Tickets £7.50 available “here”: http://www.kenilworthfestival.co.uk/boxoffice.htm
- MTW’s summer show: La Chiusa’s The Wild Part – May 26th – 29th, 7.45pm Warwick Arts Centre Studio (Sat matinee 2.30pm) Tickets £7.50 (£6.50 students/concessions) from “here”: http://www.warwickartscentre.co.uk/events/theatre/la-chiusas-the-wild-party
- Wind Orchestra @ Spencer Park – Outdoor Free gig Sunday 13th June early afternoon – bring a picnic and your family! Spencer Park, Coventry. No tickets.
- Big Band Leavers Gig – Sat 26th June 7.30pm Warwick Arts Centre Theatre. Tickets £8 (£5 concessions/students) available “here”: http://www.warwickartscentre.co.uk/events/music/university-of-warwick-big-band
- University of Warwick Symphony Orchestra & Chorus – Sunday 27th June 4pm. Tickets £7 (£5 concessions/students). Prog includes Hiawatha’s Wedding Feast – Coleridge Taylor, Violin Concerto – Tchaikovsky, Overture to Romeo & Juliet – Tchaikovsky, Appalachian Springs – Copland.
Also do look out for Music Centre performances during this year’s “WSAF”: http://www.wsaf.co.uk
Hope to see you there!!!