All 2 entries tagged Sleep
August 17, 2006
Without wanting to steal some of the thunder from Jim’s excellent Sleep Mini-Mix, it inspired me to create my own, longer version. Whereas Jim made an excellent job of mixing the tracks together seamlessly, I’m rubbish at that kind of thing so I concentrated more on the ordering and making sure that things flowed smoothly from track to track, much like an album ordering… so this is more of a mixtape than a mix :) But enjoy, nevertheless.
Note: If you use the in-browser player, ignore the progress bar – tracks will play one after the other
- Radiohead - Go to Sleep [Buy Hail to the Thief]
- British Sea Power - To Get to Sleep [Buy Open Season]
- Belle and Sebastian - We Are the Sleepyheads [Buy The Life Pursuit]
- Hope of the States - 66 Sleepers to Summer [Buy The Lost Riots]
- Voxtrot - Fast Asleep [Buy Mothers, Daughters, Sisters and Wives]
- Idlewild - Let Me Sleep (Next to the Mirror) [Buy 100 Broken Windows]
- Something Corporate - As You Sleep [Buy North]
- The Postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone Tonight [Buy Give Up]
- The Flaming Lips - Sleeping on the Roof [Buy The Soft Bulletin]
- Eels - I Need Some Sleep [Buy Shrek 2 OST]
- Evanescence - Goodnite [Unreleased]
We all love a little sleep don’t we?
Here’s another mini-mix dedicated to those days where you’d just love to stay in bed five more minutes…I decided to have a go at making a little seamless mix, I’ll upload the separate files in a day or two. I don’t think I’m ready to handle more than five songs in a row…I think I’ve just about managed with this. Post about your own sleepy soundtracks!
I’m Only Sleeping – MP3 Expired (a la discotheque Mini-Mixtape)
1. The Vines – I’m Only Sleeping (The Beatles cover) [buy I Am Sam soundtrack]
2. Coldplay – Sleeping Sun [buy Talk single]
3. The Postal Service – Sleeping In [buy Give Up]
4. Stars – Sleep Tonight [buy Set Yourself On Fire]
5. LCD Soundsystem – Never As Tired As When I’m Waking Up [buy LCD Soundsystem]
Following on from the unintentional plagarism post, what do you reckon the odds are that James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem really was intentionally completely ripping off The Beatles with the solo that ends this mix?