All 2 entries tagged Podcast
November 11, 2006
This is me and my trusty sidekick Ginger, who unfortunately couldn’t make it to the show this week due to a nasty case of crotchitis.
In this show:
- The news, what it was yesterday and all that
- The Long Blondes – Once and Never Again
- Ejectorseat – Attack Attack Attack
- We ramble on like idiots for ages, until we’re confident that the start of the next song isn’t too quiet
- Bloc Party – Song For Clay
- Phoenix – Long Distance Call
- We discuss people clearing their throats at the end of songs, emails from Terrence, and we talk about the new Funkscreamer EP and them playing at the union TONIGHT, supported by Alan’s Rankets. Then it degenerates into a spherical show, very confusing.
- Voxtrot – Your Biggest Fan
- The Automatic – Gold Digger (Kanye West Cover)
- We announce the death of John Belusci, Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd, then dedicate a song to Dan Belusci and John Akroyd.
- We Are Scientists – Hoppípolla (Sigur Rós cover)
- Metallica – Battery
- We only let Battery play for about a minute before we started to talk over it, and that worked quite well. In fact, it was better, and the song wasn’t even finished when we moved onto the next one.
- Muse – Easily
- Art Brut – The Great Escape
- We wish a happy birthday to HE THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED and needlessly murder Dan and Chris.
- Wolfmother – Woman
- Mumm-ra – Out of the Question
- We in no way fill 2 minutes with random crap
- Queen – Fat Bottomed Girls
(It’s a massive anachronism)
November 04, 2006
Here’s something experimental… here’s the content that was played on Mat and Chris’s Indie Nipple, my radio show, last night on RaW
This content will only be available for a week and you must listen to it in full, so there. (Though a cut down talk-only version may be available at some point, forever!)
In this week’s podcast:
- The news! Oh, wasn’t the news wonderful yesterday!
- Two songs that I didn’t play myself, because I was late… oops, sorry :(
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – In This Home On Ice
- The Departure – Talkshow
- Regina Spektor – On The Radio
- Some lovely banter about how I couldn’t work out how to get the emails on my system because I’m stupid and it all changed :( And how hallowe’en is an anticlimax
- Keith – Hold That Gun
- Ben Folds – In Between Days
- CSS – Music Is My Hot Hot Sex
- Klaxons – Magick
- A wonderful story about cousins and whatnot. Set to the Baby Elephant Walk! Ace.
- Arctic Monkeys – When The Sun Goes Down (Request)
- Badly Drawn Boy – A Journey From A To B
- Rambling in embarassment at playing the wrong Badly Drawn Boy song, and a bad one at that, and whinging about Oasis releasing a B side as a single
- Oasis – Acquiesce
- David Bowie – Space Oddity
- I whinge for 3 minutes of filler about how my two guests are completely incompetent and got the show times wrong and what I’m going to do to them, and also about the Assassins Guild at Warwick. Then I say bye
- Muse – Knights of Cydonia
This show has now expired as podcasts are only available for a week. However, you can see all RaW podcasts here