All 3 entries tagged Macin
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Macin on entries | View entries tagged Macin at Technorati | There are no images tagged Macin on this blog
October 24, 2006
Well, the radio show was cancelled this week with pretty much no notice, which is sad because I had quite a good playlist lined up for it with some classic choons. Unfortunately, it also means that the music that’s been piping into my ears for the past week can’t be showcased either, but here’s a few of the songs I would have played if I could actually talk properly and walk/drive without getting a massive headache.
Cansei de Ser Sexy – Let’s Make Love and Listen to Death from Above
CSS are a Brazilian band from São Paulo, whose name means “Tired of being sexy”... Apparantly they’ve been hyped to hell in their native Brazil, but they were relatively unknown over here in the UK until recently. As Holly pointed out there’s been a wealth of female-led band talent breaking through this year and CSS are definitely part of that bunch. Let’s Make Love and Listen to Death From Above was their debut single from their eponymous debut album, released after CSS signed to Sub Pop, and it’s rather dishy.
Sleater-Kinney – Entertain
Now that Sleater-Kinney have announced that they’ve broken up,, I felt it was probably finally time to give them a listen and see what they were like. Unfortunately there are a lot of bands who were active in the time when I was pretty young and ignorant about music in general. Luckily, my friend leant me a copy of their album The Woods last week, and after a couple of listens I have to say that I’ve been very impressed. The stand-out track for me is Entertain, and here it is in all its glory.
Keith – Hold That Gun
After hearing Replica earlier in the summer, I was very impressed with Keith, a four-piece band out of Manchester who have a sound in the same vein as the Cooper Temple Clause. I was equally miffed when I found out that their debut album, Red Thread, didn’t have Replica on it, since of all the tracks that I’ve heard (including all on the album), none stand out as well as that. Oh well, Hold That Gun is probably the best song on the album and showcases the bands’ talents well – definitely one to look out for in the future.
Ladyfuzz – Bouncy Ball
Apparantly Ladyfuzz played in Leamington a couple of weeks ago, because Natalie asked me if they were any good – I said that I didn’t know but I’d heard good things. After getting my hands on their debut album, Kerfuffle, I’d have to say that they’re a little bit hit and miss, but there are some good tracks on there. Bouncy Ball is my favourite on the album, and has been released as a single and did quite well, apparantly.
I had no idea. Pretty out of touch…
Sugar Ray – Every Morning
Sugar Ray are awesome and anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is a dick. As a bit of classic choon action I was going to play their top-10 smash Every Morning and get some bopping going on in the union, but alas! My plans were foiled by the lurgy. Curse you God, curse you.
October 17, 2006
Another week, another playlist, another 4 songs for you to download. Joy to you!
- Blue Suede – Hooked on a Feeling MP3 Expired (Buy Reservoir Dogs OST)
- Chikinki – Assassinator 13
- Radiohead – 2+2=5
- OMD – Electricity
- Lily Allen – LDN
- The Raconteurs – Broken Boy Soldiers
- David Bowie w/The Arcade Fire – Life On Mars? MP3 Expired (Buy Fashion Rocks EP)
- Klaxons – Magick
- Regina Spektor – Hotel Song [Request]
- Voxtrot – The Start of Something (Buy Raised By Wolves)
- Razorlight – America [Request]
- Rifles – Peace and Quiet
- Beck – Nausea
- Muse – Easily MP3 Expired (Buy Starlight single)
- Presidents of the USA – Peaches
- Lady Fortune – Lady Stop Talking
- The Decemberists – O Valencia!
- Jet – Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
- The Kooks – Ooh, La!
- Electric Six – I Buy The Drugs
- Long Blondes – Once & Never Again
- Larrikin Love – Edwould
- The Pipettes – Judy MP3 Expired (Buy We Are The Pipettes)
- Boston – More Than A Feeling [Request]
- We Landed on the Moon! – One of a Kind [SEE BELOW]
- Pixies – Debaser
- Delays – Nearer Than Heaven
Sorry about the extraordinary number of drug references in the show… I counted about 5 myself. Oh well!
And as a special treat…
We Landed On The Moon! – One of a Kind (Live at The Varsity)
October 16, 2006
Playlist from last week… Remember you can listen EVERY MONDAY LIVE at 5-7pm British time, online at http://www.radio.warwick.ac.uk/listen
- The Fratellis – Chelsea Dagger
- Gang of Four – Not Great Men
- White Rose Movement – Love Is A Number
- Kings of Leon – Holy Roller Novocaine
- Blondie – Atomic
- The Stranglers – No More Heroes
- Oh No! Oh My! – Walk In The Park MP3 Expired (Buy Oh No! Oh My!)
- The Shins – Know Your Onion!
- Boy Kill Boy – Civil Sin
- Eels – Sweet Li’l Thing
- Ash – Shining Light
- The Cure – Boys Don’t Cry
- Muse – Knights of Cydonia
- Guillemots – Trains to Brazil
- Evanescence – Sweet Sacrifice MP3 Expired (Buy The Open Door)
- Badly Drawn Boy – You Were Right
- David Hasselhoff – Jump In My Car
- The View – Wasted Little DJs
- The Young Knives – She’s Attracted To
- Pulp – Sorted For E’s and Wizz
- Ben Folds – Rockin’ The Suburbs (ft. William Shatner) MP3 Expired (Buy Over the Hedge [Soundtrack])
- Happy Mondays – God’s Cop
- The Long Blondes – Fulwood Babylon
- Hot Club de Paris – Sometimesitsbetternottostickbitsofeachotherintoeachotherforeachother
- The Pipettes – Your Kisses are Wasted on Me
- Delays – Long Time Coming MP3 Expired (Buy Faded Seaside Glamour)
Enjoy the tracks… remember you can request any songs for today here on this blog by commenting or by emailing the studio while we are on air (today 5-7). Also sorry that we didn’t get to play Regina Spektor as requested, but we will definitely play some Regina Spektor today.
And remember – if you don’t buy music, you’re a twat.