All 4 entries tagged Hot Chip
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Hot Chip on entries | View entries tagged Hot Chip at Technorati | There are no images tagged Hot Chip on this blog
February 15, 2008
May 23, 2007
Lately, I’ve got into more and more music that is the epitome of cool as hell funktronica. Here, I share with you some of the funkiest. Buy these albums, players.
December 11, 2006
In this week’s internet stravaganza!?
- Michael Jackson – Beat It (with Chris laughing and ruining my live jingle)
- Pink Floyd – Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
- I cock up a few jingles. Score!
- The Long Blondes – Swallow Tattoo
- The Pipettes – Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me
- We discuss the Long Blondes, all the students going away and Fopp over the top of the Rocky theme, which is fucking awesome
- Of Montreal – Gronlandic Edit
- Listeners in the North experienced sound quality difficulties. Sorry.
- Hot Chip – The Beach Party
- Very bad rapping. Bad. Sleep deprivation kicks in. George Galloway hates war, but he LOVES RaW!
- The Charlatons – You’re So Pretty, We’re So Pretty
- Brakes – Hold Me In The River
- Another quiz dies on it’s arse. Why do we keep doing this!? Never Mind The Buzzcocks meets The Two Ronnies with rubbish effect… Best Journey ever though.
- KISS – Strutter (not Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!)
- Rainbow – Since You’ve Been Gone
- Eclecticism. Chris and Mat’s Indie Nipple
- Bloc Party – The Prayer
- Radiohead – Electioneering (What is it good for?)
- The end of the show. Steven Seagal and Thunderbox!? Chris tricks me into saying Merry Christmas, because he’s a bastard.
- Muse – New Born
June 29, 2006
Name: Mat Mannion
Number one in UK when I was born: George Michael – Careless Whisper
First album bought: East 17 – SAD: The Best Of. Bad. It's SAD for a reason…
First gig attended: Ozzfest 2002. Woop woop woop
Favourite album: Hmm… At the moment, Hot Chip – The Warning. For all time, Radiohead – Kid A
Favourite song: Radiohead – Paranoid Android
Favourite gig: Bloc Party at the NME awards last year as pretty ace
Favourite band: Radiohead
Favourite genre: Indietronica/Pop Rock
The band you like but are embarassed about/feel is a little out of place in your collection: Evanescence is probably the most out of place.
Number of CDs bought since 1st January 2006: Around 45. No wonder I'm skint…
What musical event would you most like to see happen: That time where the Arctic Monkeys told David Bowie to move out of the way, except David Bowie would turn into Jareth from Labyrinth and kick their asses with some crazy crystal thing
Musical hero: David Bowie. Legend.
Music's biggest enemy/ies in my opinion are: 13 year old girls. Stop it! Stop it!
And there we go. That wasn't so bad, was it?
Four tracks I love for your pleasure
Radiohead - 'Like Spinning Plates' [link expired] [Buy from Amazon]
Hot Chip - 'The Beach Party' [link expired] [Buy from Amazon]
Voxtrot - 'The Start Of Something' [link expired] [Buy from Amazon]
David Bowie - 'The Laughing Gnome' [link expried] [Buy from Amazon]