Mat and Chris's Indie Nipple, 23rd Feb
God, we spoil you lot. This week the show started 6 and a bit minutes late because the show before us was interviewing Ash’s support act, who turned up very late because of traffic. The low droning the background all the way through the show is Ash warming up, so sorry about that.
- The Long Blondes – Giddy Stratospheres
- Chris is late to the studio, so I have to introduce the show on my own. It doesn’t go well.
- Klaxons – Golden Skans
- Idlewild – No Emotion
- Chris finally arrives, migraine and all. We argue about exactly how late he is, and come to the conclusion that he’s wrong.
- Maximo Park – Our Velocity
- Bloc Party – The Prayer (Well, half of it)
At this point, we were trying to queue up some stuff on the digital playback system for the next link. The plan was to do a faux news broadcast, complete with the news jingle and the RaW news bedding. Unfortunately, the dps died spectacularly when trying to load the news bedding (we think because the file didn’t exist), the music cuts out… rabbits in the headlights!
- We break the rules of radio by talking about technical stuff. Bloc Party are awesome, then we do faux news. Tony Blair rises from the dead at Easter, houmous is withdrawn from restaurants because of a salmonella scare. Who the hell is Tony Blour? Travel news live from campus. The travel is… Friday
- Gwen Stefani ft. Akon – The Sweet Escape
- The Shins – Phantom Limb
- Chris unexpectedly becomes a massive racist. Lebanese restaurants, cats can survive falls onto their feet from 7 floors and upwards, and chimps hunt with spears apparantly.
- Badly Drawn Boy – A Journey from A to B
- CSS – Off The Hook
- The best album of last year? Chris and I were basically in Hot Fuzz.
- The Magic Numbers – This is a Song
- The Decemberists – O, Valencia
- The Magic Numbers are damn cheats. Someone requests lots of metal songs in a bout of optimism…
- Muse – Hysteria