All entries for Monday 22 January 2007
January 22, 2007
Does the podcast this week constitute racism? You decide.
In the podcast this week: (Apologies on the audio quality from my mic :()
- Crowds are not allowed at tonight’s Big Brother eviction, so, y’know, don’t bother going.
- I arrive at the station merely 15 seconds before the show starts (it was Chris’s fault for being a cripple) and therefore, far too loudly, announce the show from radio towers in Barbados. Sorry.
- Guillemots – Trains to Brazil
- R.E.M. – Bad Day
- I make fun of the very disfigured Chris
- The Cure – Why Can’t I Be You?
- The Shins – Pressed In A Book
- We talk about some silly person who says there’s no fit men at Warwick. She’s wrong. Thanks, Arianna Webb.
- The Manic Street Preachers – Australia
- The Libertines – Can’t Stand Me Now
- The Sanctuary. It’s rubbish. Celebrity Big Brother. It’s rubbish. “Our Tone” doesn’t watch it!
- Butthole Surfers – Dracula From Houston
- Fields – Song For The Fields
- One World Week. GOOD. Hilary Benn also (Nigel Benn’s dad)
- Larrikin Love – Happy as Annie
- Klaxons – The Bouncer (Worst song we’ve played for some time)
- Chris is on Crystal Meth. Then we try and do on-air sudoku… and die on-air horribly.
- The Young Knives – She’s Attracted To
- Rakes – 22 Grand Job
- We talk about cowbells and stuff. Entertainment! Anyone got any pain killazzz!?
- Guns N’Roses – Welcome To The Jungle (Fucking COWBELL)
I’d like to make a truly serious apology for the production values this week. It was less than great and it’s usually much better than it was… sorry!