All 41 entries tagged Mumbling On
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Mumbling On on entries | View entries tagged Mumbling On at Technorati | There are no images tagged Mumbling On on this blog
June 26, 2009
Well, that's it! Mumbling On is over, Tom and I are moving on (to masters and interships respectively), thanks for listening!
Here's what we played last time round:
1. 'Granlandic Exit' by Of Montreal (Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?, 2007)
2. 'Smoke Gets In Your Eyes' by Bryan Ferry (Another Time, Another Place, 1974)
3. 'Rock Around The Clock' by Bill Haley & His Comets (Single, 1954 - available on Rock Around The Clock, 1955)
4. 'And She Was' by Talking Heads (Living Creatures, 1985)
5. 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough' by Michael Jackson (Off The Wall, 1979) - RIP Michael.
6. 'Rough Justice' by The Rolling Stones (A Bigger Bang, 2005)
7. 'Drip Fed Fred' by Madness feat. Ian Dury (Wonderful, 1999)
8. 'Kiss Of Life' by Peter Gabriel (Peter Gabriel 4, 1982)
9. 'This Train Don't Stop There Anymore' by Elton John (Songs From The West Coast, 2001)
10. 'Send Him Away' by Franz Ferdinand (Tonight: Franz Ferdinand, 2009)
That's all folks, see you soon!
June 21, 2009
So this is it... the future of the free world, or at least Monte Carlo, is in the hands of Professor Battenberg and his assistant Schnepps!
We hope you have enjoyed the series as much as we enjoyed making them. Here are three lovely MP3s for you to choose from:
PREVIOUSLY ON BATTENBERG AND SCHNEPPS: (A quick run-through of Episodes 1 and 2)Download
EPISODE 3 of The Adventures of Battenberg and Schnepps : (Originally broadcast week 34)Download
The ADVENTURES BATTENBERG AND SCHNEPPS OMNIBUS: (All three full episodes for your listening pleasure)
June 19, 2009
Here's what we managed to play in today's sprawling, action-packed show:
1. 'We Used To Know' by Jethro Tull (Stand Up, 1969)
2. 'Why Do I Keep Counting?' by The Killers (Sam's Town, 2006)
3. 'Energy' by The Apples In Stereo (New Magnetic Wonder, 2007)
4. 'Special Needs' by Placebo (Sleeping With Ghosts, 2003)
5. 'Once Bitten, Twice Shy' by Ian Hunter (Ian Hunter, 1975)
6. 'Quiet Houses' by Fleet Foxes (Fleet Foxes, 2008)
7. 'He's Frank (Slight Return)' by BPA feat. Iggy Pop (I Think We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat, 2008)
8. 'A Day In The Life' by The Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967)
Don't forget to tune in for our last ever show (really) next week. What better way to round off the term, and indeed SPLAT WSAF? Join us then.
June 14, 2009
Schnepps and Battenberg have teleported themselves into the 21st century and have to battle more than just museum security in order to get the Brown Ruby of Mesopotamia.
Yes, its the second episode of The Adventures of Battenberg and Schnepps! Download it here.
Episode 2 of The Adventures of Battenberg and Schnepps : (Originally broadcast week 33)Download
June 12, 2009
Here's all we managed to play in an action-packed show:
1. 'Watch That Man' by David Bowie (Aladdin Sane, 1973)
2. 'Hole In The Heart' by Karine Polwart (Scribbled In Chalk, 2006)
3. 'Filmstar' by Suede (Coming Up, 1996)
4. 'The Caves Of Altamira' by Steely Dan (The Royal Scam, 1976)
5. 'William's Blood' by Grace Jones (Hurricane, 2008)
6. 'Movin' Along' by Cosmo Duff Gordon ([forthcoming], 2009) - world exclusive acoustic session!
7. 'Hot Child In The City' by Nick Gilder (City Nights, 1978)
8. 'Jezebel' by Depeche Mode (Sounds Of The Universe, 2009)
June 11, 2009
Thanks for putting up with us covering for Collision Course. Here's what we played:
1. 'Toe Jam' by BPA feat. David Byrne & Dizzee Rascal (I Think We're Gotta Need A Bigger Boat, 2009)
2. 'We Are The People' by Empire Of The Sun (Walking On A Dream, 2008)
3. 'Hollywood Bass Player' by Josh Rouse (Country Mouse, City House, 2007)
4. 'School's Out' by Alice Cooper (School's Out, 1972)
5. 'Death' by White Lies (To Lose My Life..., 2009)
6. 'Video Killed the Radio Star' by Buggles (The Age Of Plastic, 1980)
7. 'Be The One' by Jack Peñate (Everything Is New, 2009)
8. 'Twilight Omens' by Franz Ferdinand (Tonight: Franz Ferdinand, 2009)
9. 'Wake Up And Make Love To Me' by Ian Dury (New Boots And Panties!, 1977)
10. 'The Reeling' by Passion Pit (Manners, 2009)
11. 'I Will Follow' by U2 (Boy, 1980)
12. 'Tiny Dancer (Hold Me Closer)' by DJ Ironik feat. Chipmunk & Elton John (No Point In Wasting Tears, 2008)
13. 'Know Your Enemy' by Green Day (21st Century Breakdown, 2009)
14. 'Freakin Out' by Graham Coxon (Happiness In Magazines, 2004)
15. 'Old News' by Dr. Dog (We All Belong, 2007)
16. 'Sick, Sick, Sick' by Queens Of The Stone Age (Era Vulgaris, 2007)
Normal service will be resumed tonight at 11pm, join us then!
June 06, 2009
Yes, we're back, and to celebrate we've written our best radio comedy ever. Professor Hans Battenberg and his assistant Schnepps have "spinned off" of the Yesterday Show and have their own 3-part series of their own. Make sure you tune in next week to hear episode 2.
Here it is for all you lovely fans to listen to!
Episode 1 of The Adventures of Battenberg and Schnepps : (Originally broadcast week 32)Download
June 05, 2009
Tom came back (at last) and here's what we played:
1. 'Morning Blindness' by A Band Called Wanda (A Band Called Wanda, 2007)
2. 'The Bitch Is Back' by Elton John (Caribou, 1974)
3. 'Slip Kid' by The Who (The Who By Numbers, 1975)
4. 'Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken' by Camera Obscura (Let's Get Out Of This Country, 2006)
5. 'I'm So Tired' by The Beatles (The Beatles, 1968)
6. 'High Tide, Or Low Tide' by Bob Marley & The Wailers (Catch A Fire, 1970 - available on the Deluxe Edition, 2001)
7. 'A Matter Of Time' by The Leisure Society (The Sleeper, 2009)
May 29, 2009
It's good to be back. Here's what we managed to play:
1. 'Scenes From A Night's Dream' by Genesis (And Then There Were Three, 1978)
2. 'Hunting Tigers Out In Indiah' by The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band (Tadpoles, 1969)
3. 'Supernaturally' by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (The Lyre Of Orpheus, 2004)
4. 'Love For Sale' by The Buddy Rich Big Band (Live in Chez Club, 1967)
5. 'Neighbourhood Threat' by David Bowie (Tonight, 1984)
6. 'Valerie' by Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse (Version, 2007)
7. 'Cedars Of Lebanon' by U2 (No Line On The Horizon, 2009)
Next week Tom will be back and we will launch our new three-part special. Stay tuned...
May 23, 2009
THURSDAY MAY 28TH
MUMBLING ON RETURNS TO RAW 1251AM
FOR FOUR WEEKS ONLY
DON'T MISS IT