Development Essay 1 Resources
links to all the research papers
(you may need your athens account details to access them)
Setting up the initial asymmetries in the embryo.
- Early patterning of the C. elegans embryo.
- Axis determination in _C. elegans: initiating and transducing polarity.
- Heads or tails: Cell polarity and axis formation in the early _Caenorhabditis elegans embryo.
- Polarization of the C. elegans zygote proceeds via distinct establishment and maintainance phases. (for pictures of localisation)
Skn-1 and EMS development.
- Skn-1 a maternally expressed gene required to specify the fate of ventral blastomeres in the early _C. elegans embryos.
- Formation of a monomeric DNA binding domain by Skn-1 bZIP and homeodomain elements.
- The maternal gene skn-1 encodes a protein that is distributed unequally in early _C. elegans embryos.
Germline development pie-1 and mex-1 genes; transcriptional silencing.
- The pie-1 and mex-1 genes and maternal control of blastomere identity in early _C. elegans embryos.
- The PIE-1 protein and germline specification in C. elegans embryos.
- Repression of gene expression in the embryonic germ lineage of C. elegans.
- The C. elegans MEX-1 protein is present in germline blastomeres and is a P granule component. (only need abstract)
- Launching the germline in Caenorhabditis elegans: regulation of gene expression in early germ cells.
- PIE-1 is a bifunctional protein that regilates maternal and zygotic gene expression in the embryonic germ line of Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Germ plasm: protein degradation in the soma.
The C. elegans maternal Notch system.
- The maternal genes apx-1 and glp-1 and establishement of dorsal-ventral polarity in the early _C. elegans embryo.
- Translational control of maternal glp-1 mRNA establishes asymmetry in the _C. elegans embryo.
- Translational control of maternal glp-1 mRNA by POS-1 and its interacting protein SPN-4 in Caenorhabditis elegans.
- An inductive interaction in 4-cell stage embryos involves APX-1 expression in the signalling cell
- Time dependant responses to glp-1 mediated inductions in early C. elegans embryos.
It's taken me just over 2 (goddamn) hours to find these links.
They make me hurt all over.
I think my eyes may be bleeding
I may never smile again…
oooh a rabbit!!