All entries for Monday 24 October 2005
October 24, 2005
links to all the research papers
(you may need your athens account details to access them)
Setting up the initial asymmetries in the embryo.
- Early patterning of the C. elegans embryo.
- Axis determination in _C. elegans: initiating and transducing polarity.
- Heads or tails: Cell polarity and axis formation in the early _Caenorhabditis elegans embryo.
- Polarization of the C. elegans zygote proceeds via distinct establishment and maintainance phases. (for pictures of localisation)
Skn-1 and EMS development.
- Skn-1 a maternally expressed gene required to specify the fate of ventral blastomeres in the early _C. elegans embryos.
- Formation of a monomeric DNA binding domain by Skn-1 bZIP and homeodomain elements.
- The maternal gene skn-1 encodes a protein that is distributed unequally in early _C. elegans embryos.
Germline development pie-1 and mex-1 genes; transcriptional silencing.
- The pie-1 and mex-1 genes and maternal control of blastomere identity in early _C. elegans embryos.
- The PIE-1 protein and germline specification in C. elegans embryos.
- Repression of gene expression in the embryonic germ lineage of C. elegans.
- The C. elegans MEX-1 protein is present in germline blastomeres and is a P granule component. (only need abstract)
- Launching the germline in Caenorhabditis elegans: regulation of gene expression in early germ cells.
- PIE-1 is a bifunctional protein that regilates maternal and zygotic gene expression in the embryonic germ line of Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Germ plasm: protein degradation in the soma.
The C. elegans maternal Notch system.
- The maternal genes apx-1 and glp-1 and establishement of dorsal-ventral polarity in the early _C. elegans embryo.
- Translational control of maternal glp-1 mRNA establishes asymmetry in the _C. elegans embryo.
- Translational control of maternal glp-1 mRNA by POS-1 and its interacting protein SPN-4 in Caenorhabditis elegans.
- An inductive interaction in 4-cell stage embryos involves APX-1 expression in the signalling cell
- Time dependant responses to glp-1 mediated inductions in early C. elegans embryos.
It's taken me just over 2 (goddamn) hours to find these links.
They make me hurt all over.
I think my eyes may be bleeding
I may never smile again…
oooh a rabbit!!