All entries for Monday 16 May 2005
May 16, 2005
Total volume of music files on my computer
6276 songs; ~445 hrs; 27.3GB I guess it's a bit misleading because about 60% I've played only once or less. Still, was feeling quite proud about that until I saw Mat's sizeable hoard. Damn. pwned.
Ok. Well, my taste in music is dubious at best and downright awful at worst, as you will all soon see.
Please. Don't. Kill. Me.
The last CD I bought was
Ages ago. Either The Darkness or Yoshimi Battles the Pink robots by The Flaming Lips. I can't remember. The last tracks I downloaded however were Replica X – so that should get me some brownie points from some of you at least! And the last track I deleted was The Closest Thing To Crazy by Katie Melua. I rarely delete any music but it just had to go, purely in the interest of my own sanity and the long-term survival of those around me
Song playing right now
Thankfully, right this very second it's Natural Blues by Moby. The previous song was far too shameful by anyone's standards. Oooh and now it's Motorhead, Ace Of Spades. Duuuude!
Just out of interest the next random 15 tracks are by *drumroll* : Santana; Ash; Radiohead; Dandy Warhols; Britney; DJ Quicksilver (Planet Love); Stereophonics; LOTR OST; Jimmy Page; Shrek OST; Jools Holland; Darren Hayes; Beethoven; Red Hot Chili Peppers; Harry Connick Jr.
Oh God, I think I need therapy…
Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me
- Put That Woman First - Jaheim worthy of inclusion for being (according to WMP, and by an impressive majority) the most played track in my collection although I no longer listen to it. It was the soundtrack to a rather painful failed romance, and though there are others, this one gets to me the most.
- Samba Pa Ti - Santana. saw him play live last year. Oh wow. Wow, wow, wow. Incredible doesn't even come close.
- Feeling Good - Muse. Does exactly what it says on the tin. When this came on the radio everybody in the room faced 3 minutes and 19 seconds of silence or death. Sounds like sex distilled into a song. Not buying the album was simply not an option.
- Don't speak - No Doubt. a song from some very early friendships that I still treasure today. Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers also falls into this category.
- Child In You - Feeder. relax, fall asleep, drift away to wherever it is you'd rather be. Three and a half minutes of "me" time free from revision, exams and stress. Lovely.
Heartbreak, Awe, Love, Friendship & Chillin'; all bases covered.
Wait, There's a kitten here too. Now all bases really are covered.
The five people I'm passing the baton onto
Ok concentrate now, because I'm thinking of 5 names right now in my head. Focus. C'mon think. Can you see it? You know who you are. Now, post it my pretties!