All entries for Monday 09 January 2006
January 09, 2006
For those of you who don't have one, you can share mine. I think if I had to put up with it by myself it would kill me. These are the most depressing "motivational quotes I have ever heard in my life. Seriously, take a good look and think about each one. Just what about "If you aim at nothing you'll hit it every time." makes anyone want to be productive? BOCTAOE namely ummmm maybe the 20th? You will also notice that sundays have no quote. They share the same quote as saturday. Obviously the people who compiled this calendar deemed that the weekend is not important enough to merit two whole quotes. What kind of a world is this where the weekend is ignored?!
Here they are in their full, textual (and occasionally rhyming) glory.
- Great art picks up where nature ends.
- Be happy while you're living, you're a long time dead.
- You don't get harmony when everyone sings the same note.
- Children are the message we send to a time we will not see.
- Whether you think you can or you can't - you are right. note to self: don't feel depressed today or you're screwed
- The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking. whoa thanks, I almost thought for myself there...
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
- Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.
- Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed.
- Dreams are only thoughts you didn't have time to think about during the day. get your nightmares out of the way by thinking about them all day.
- Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.
- Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.
- Experience is a comb that nature gives us when we are bald.
- If you're doing your best you won't have time to worry about failure.
- Faith is like a radar that sees through fog. faith is a radar that picks up invisible objects in broad daylight.
- I don't care how poor a man is; If he has family, he's rich.
- Forgiveness is a funny thing, it warms the heart and cools the sting.
- Friendship isn't a big thing - It's a million little things.
- If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else. no shit sherlock. what would you care anyway, it's not like you had a destination in mind.
- A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
- If you aim at nothing you'll hit it every time. Have no goals and you may achieve it. Sorry, why am I at uni again?
- A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television.
- Gratitude is the memory of the heart.
- Happiness is never stopping to think you are.
- Nothing is more fatal to health than an over care of it. clearly
- In about the same degree as you are helpful, you will be happy. hello, my name is Earl.
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
I hope this list was as intriguingly useless to you as it was to me. Tune in next month for such wonderful delights as: "Don't try to be different. Just be good. Good is different enough."
*bangs head against wall*
If you aim at nothing you'll hit it every time.
Good God... :s
What the hell does this mean? Anyone?
I got chased into my own bedroom then managed to chop it into 3 pieces with it's own shoulderblade. Then it just lay behind my chair making heavy breathing noises but not moving. Freaked the bejezus out of me :|
Some days I feel like this:
Today does not appear to be one of those days.
Bitch bitch bitch. Moan moan moan. Not even I want to hear me complain.
Yes it's all my fault.
No that doesn't make me feel better. And now my feet are going numb. STFAGOS. Bed.
Thank heavens for private entries.
Please let it go away.