Maths topics (phase 2) – Attributes of a Mathematics Teacher
4th January 09:30-12:30
In this session we looked at the qualities that can make up a good Mathematics teacher. We came up with the following list. A good teacher,
- is enthusiastic and exciting
- is patient: allows time to think!
- is organised, with good time management
- reflects on their practice
- communicates clearly and effectively
- has high expectations
- builds constructive relationships
- makes good use of continual assessment.
- is highly numerate,
- allows time to practice,
- breaks concepts down to its simplest form,
- predicts and addresses misconceptions,
- relates to real life,
- teaches creatively.