- More confident managing classes
- Improved planning and deployment of lessons
- Subject knowledge
- Able to teach `good’ lessons
- High expectations
- Developed ability to act upon advice.
Targets for development
- Consider management of difficult pupils, particularly at different times of the day. Adapt teaching to suit changing needs.
- Teach good lessons consistently across a range of classes.
Trainee Teacher Comment
I have greatly enjoyed my time at Finham, and am pleased with my progress towards meeting all the QTS standards.
My knowledge and developing use of a variety of teaching strategies has noticeably improved and I look forward to continuing this development into my teaching career.
Improved organisation both within and without the classrom will be of benefit, both with respect to consistency of lessons and behaviour management.
I enjoyed my work in the PLC (Personalised Learning Centre), which has strengthened my ability to adapt my teaching; this remains in need of development in the coming years.