All entries for Monday 19 November 2007
November 19, 2007
A list of things I truly like, which I always have and always will. Absolutely not in order of importance:
1. Disney's: absolutely anything! This includes the most wonderful, funniest and cleverest series ever created: the Duck Tales.
2. Pizza: there's nothing i don't like on a pizza Apart from anchovies I should say
3. Christmas: the music all around us, the lights of our Christams tree, the games with my family, the non-stop eating while laughing, and more importantly the light of Christ bringing warmth in our houses!
4. The Harry Potter's books: particularly the sixth, the Half Blood Prince
5. The Dolomites. Nothing more spectacular than exploring those lovely mountains
6. My Mac. It's my tech companion
7. Flying. Very few emotions can be compared to flying. If you can describe how it feels when thousands of feet stand between you and the ground than you have entered the realm of poetry. I am not a poet, no word can fill in that gap of air
8. Airports. You're neither here nor there, you're a few hours away from another country, another culture. It's surreal, a limbo, a magic place.
9. Hugging my best friends. It can warm my heart up better than a gigantic radiator.
10. My dog. Lucky loves me unconditionally and he's the most faithful male creature I have ever known. Absolutely adorable.
11. Pride and Prejudice. Hard to resist the beauty of its language. So pure, so elegant. A piece of art.
12. Kissing, hugging and cuddling someone you really love....
13. Spend your only day off on a day trip in a place you've never been before
14. Playing the piano. Master of keys, white and black. So powerful
15. Rome, at any time of the day. Rome is simply beautiful.
16. Swimming in Sardinia, where the water is so clear you can see your shadow even when it's hundreds feet deep
17. Playing the Penguin computer game with my sister. Me being in England and her in Italy.
18. My grannies, in all her splendour and strength.
19. Weetabix. I can have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had six in one bowl once.
20. Judo. Wearing that belt makes you feel taller, stronger, unbeatable.
21. Caravaggio's paintings and Dante's Divine Comedy. Those two guys were abnormal. They were either genius, or drug addicted. Impossible for a human being to create such perfection.
22. Driving. I find it inspiring and relaxing. Dad used to take me for a ride when I was very little to make me stop crying. I'll drive to Italy very soon, I know I can do it.
23. England, although I never fully understood why.
24. Shopping with my mum. But I love food shopping alone!
25. Playing board games, particularly those which are easy to play and where I can actually win.
26. Singing when nobody can hear me.
27. Learning a new word, in whichever language, even in my mothertongue.
28. Taking photos of memorable moments, so that they can officially become unforgettable.
29. The sweet taste of the hot chestnuts you can buy by the Spanish Steps in Rome during Christmas time.
30. Chocolate, the milkier the better!
31. Theme Parks...rides, thrills, rollercoaster, love the adrenaline running through my body
32. Chilling out in front of my fireplace, with the TV on, Lucky on my lap, and a lot of noise and traffic coming from the street that you can hardly hear.
33. Going to the cinema with a huge box of salted popcorn and another one of sweet popcorn, and finishing off both of them before the film ends. Love popcorn
34. My nephew Francesco when he laughs, licks the icecream, looks at you with his huge blue eyes and attempts to speak. He is a miracle
35. Ice cream, in all sorts and flavours. Best if it is coconut, nutella, tiramisu, banana and lots of cream at the bottom and on top.
36. A magnificent Cathedral, wherever it may be. I've seen wonderful examples in Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Austria and England (see York, Lincoln, Canterbury and Durham)
37. Fruit, it drives me crazy. Watermelon, pineapple, grapes, plums, cherry tomatoes, melon, apples, cherries, strawberries. Nothing more tasty than a well made fruit salad.
38. Doing jigsaws. My last one was The Last Judgement by Michelangelo. But I am not as good as my sister. Mine was nly 1500 pieces. She did 3000.
39. Spending hours in a bookshop and leaving with a book in your handbag that you can hardly wait to read.
40. Chatting, chatting, chatting. But more than that just listening.
42. The magic of Florence.
43. Going for a few hour walk with nothing but my ipod.
44. Supporting the Italian national football team. My heart misses a beat at any failed attempt to score......We are still world champions anyway.
45. The magic of Paris. Although I have never been in Paris.
46. Sparkling water, so bubbly that you can hardly drink it as it tickles your mouth.
47. "Pomodori col riso" (literally tomatoes with rice), my favourite dish ever, they're simply delicious. Huge tomatoes filled with rice in a tasty sauce with parmesan pepper and lots of oil of olive, baked in the oven for an hour. Mum makes them twice or three times a year, for special occasions, that is why they're so special
48. Watching aeroplanes taking off
49. Playing with an old game you used to play when you were very little, like the wooden cubes.
50. Make surprises. If you can read the excitement in the person's eyes than you know you you had a brilliant idea!