Preparing to leave
Writing about web page http://www.uab.es
With less than three more weeks to go and virtually no knowledge of the Catalan language I begin to prepare my move to Barcelona. During my holidays, the number of forms and info packs and reading material has piled up. Moreover, being a Dutch (i.e. not-English) student means an extra complication and processes that do not necessarily coincide with the way the English do things.
I’m asked, among other things:
- Whether I have an EHIC (European Health and Insurance Card)?
- Whether I’m fully and comprehensively insured?
- Whether I have already been in touch with my home uni? (well…duh! it’d be a bit late to start doing that eh?)
- Whether I have sorted out my accommodation?
- Whether I have enrolled?
- Whether I have set up my direct debit? (but… I though Erasmus students weren’t fee paying?)
I still have to sort out, among other things:
- Our rent deposit for last year’s house
- The gas & electricity bills in order to be able to do so
- A student loan from England, if possible
- My Dutch student grant for the year I come back to Warwick.
Now who says moving countries is a piece of cake, or life in general would be easy…?