Nowadays, most people own at least an iPhone, iPod touch, or an iPad. What's so great about these products is that not only are they brilliant for enjoying multimedia content, but also because they can be used for Internet browsing and communications.
Usually, it is very easy to set up an email account on an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. However, Warwick university email accounts require a little more advanced configuring before they can be used. If you are struggling to get your account to work, here is a quick tutorial to help get you on your way.
What you need:
-An Internet connection, either via Wi-Fi or 3G (iPhone and certain iPad models only)
-Your Warwick ITS account login details (you will need to register this after enrolling at http://my.warwick.ac.uk)
iDevice - Collective term used to refer to iPhones, iPod touches, and iPad
Note: Whenever you see "USERNAME" in ALLCAPS, it means you should replace that part with your ITS username.
1. Open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account...
2. Select "Other".
3. Select "Add Mail Account".
4. Enter your name (optional).
5. Enter your address as USERNAME@live.warwick.ac.uk
6. Enter your password and press Next (button at the top-right corner of the screen).
7. You will be taken to the New Account screen. Edit the Host Name of the Incoming Mail Server, and set it as amsprd0104.outlook.com
8. Set your Incoming Mail Server User Name as USERNAME@live.warwick.ac.uk
9. Edit the Host Name of the Outgoing Mail Server, and set it as amsprd0104.outlook.com
10. Press Next (button at the top-right corner of the screen)
It may take a while to load, but your iDevice should then recognise your account and ask you to add its mail to your Mail app.
There you go; Now you can check and sent emails from your Warwick account using the default Mail app. Hope this has been useful.
This tutorial has been tested to work on:
This tutorial was last updated on 25/09/2011