All 18 entries tagged WO
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag WO on entries | View entries tagged WO at Technorati | There are no images tagged WO on this blog
February 13, 2006
In the Category of:
"Services to Freshers"
"The Sam Hancock Welcome Service"
More than just a handshake!
February 08, 2006
December 05, 2005
And it's been a really hectic term!
Over the last 2 weeks, I have had only 2 nights without something to do!
Right, here is my breakdown.
- Monday: Wind Orchestra Rehearsal. 5:15 till 9:30 inc. setting up, packing away and going to bar
- Tuesday: Evening off! either slept or spent with Amy, cannot remember!
- Wednesday: Brasssoc Rehearsal. 5 till 7:30.
- Thursday: Evening Off
- Friday: Brasssoc Contest Rehearsal. 5 till 7:30. THEN Graduate. till 9. THEN WSC Film till well past 11!
- Saturday: Sleep THEN Juggling 2 till 3:30 THEN Brasssoc Contest Rehearsal 3:30 till 6:30 THEN Non-Drinking Social till late!
- Sunday: BRASSSOC CONTEST DAY!
- Rehearsal at 8!
- Pack Van at 9.
- Get to Leam and change into concert dress.
- Play in contest.
- Results WE WON!
- Monday: Wind Orch Rehearsal 5:15 till 9:30
- Tuesday: Wind Orch Concert 3:45 till 11pm inc. van packing & unloading/setting stage/striking the stage/packing & unloading van
- Wednesday: Brasssoc Rehearsal 5 till 7:30 THEN Tescos till 8:30.
- Thursday: Brasssoc Concert 5 till 10 THEN curry.
- Friday: Spec Labs 1 till 5! Friends B-day at Wing Wah 7:30 till 9:30.
- Saturday: Laze around, watch film, Go to mates 21st!
- Sunday: Lazing around, go to leam for a late lunch, get home after last bus!
- Monday: Pack!
So once again I finish the term exhausted and wanting to sleep. Lets hope I can get everything sorted for home in time!
November 03, 2005
Monday 7th November (week 7)
Warwick Arts Centre
£5 (£3 concessions)
See you there!
October 02, 2005
- Tour 2005: The Good, The Bad and the Percussion Section
Wind Orchestra and Brass Society went on Tour this summer, and for this tour a group of people from the music centre filmed some entertainment for the coach ride.
There were the introductory videos (to figure out who we all were) and "safety announcements" as only musicians could devise! But the main event was "Brasssoc: The Musical".
Some "hardcore" members of the music centre (mainly Owen and Andy, with help from Lu, Juicy and Stu, and the "actors") filmed a 20minute long musical. This was absolutely hilarious and was received with a resounding sucess.
There is also a CD included featuring the Colin Dean Radio Show, the Foreign Language course, and the soundtrack to Brasssoc: The Musical.
I thank everyone involved with this DVD/CD collection. A special mention must go to Andy and Owen, for all their input for the contents, and Owen for putting all the DVD/CD's together before term started. Well done!
October 01, 2005
September 30, 2005
University of Warwick Wind Orchestra!
First rehearsal of the year is Tonight (Friday) at 6pm in the Butterworth Hall in the Arts Centre! Come along and play.
And why don't you join us?
Wind Orchestra will be at the Societies Fair on Tuesday of week 2!
Come and join our ranks! To be able to do so, please register with the Music Centre Contact Management System.
(Also, all the other music societies will be there on Tuesday, too! If you are interested in any others, then also come along on Tuesday!)
September 29, 2005
On Friday evening, at 6pm, Wind Orchestra Rehearsals begin!
As out website says, "The Wind Orchestra is a completely un-auditioned ensemble, welcoming wind, brass and percussion players of any ability."
So do come along. We are all nice people, WO is a laugh, and the Music Centre is a great place to be involved with throughout your university career!
See you there!
(Marketing Manager – Wind Orchestra)
..is appearing to be the music centre.
I am spending almost all of my free time between lectures there. I believe that I will soon be strangled by Owen and all the temps who seem to be there randomly throughout the week.
This is not good.
Maybe when more courses start, it'll get more work and less free time. I think for the sake of all members of the music centre, that had better start soon!
September 27, 2005
And again, on the night of the Free concert, Atomic are having their first pub-crawl.
(For those of you who don't know, Atomic is the Chemistry Dept Society)
It's really annoying. Last year I almost missed the crawl, because I had only just finished playing in the Wind Orchestra part of the concert, then had to run to the bus stop.
Now, I think i'll be playing in the Wind and Symphony Orchestras, which means I will miss a lot more of the crawls.
Hopefully, I'll be able to find Atomic after the concert.