Similarities between DMAIC and DMADV
Albeit DMAIC and DMADV are designed for different business processes, both the methodologies have some basic similarities. These are listed below:
· Both methodologies aim to reduce the number of defects to less than 3.4 per million opportunities available for such defects to exist.
· The foundation of their basis is to focus on data demanding solution approaches.
· Both methodologies rely on facts and statistical tools for discovering solutions to common problems, pertaining to quality.
· Both DMAIC and DMADV focus on accomplishing the financial and business objectives of an enterprise.
· The requirement of services by Green Belts, Black Belts and Master Black Belts during the implementation stage is fundamental to both methodologies.
· Both methodologies require support from a Champion and Process Owner during the implementation stage.