v1240 and Vodafone Live!
OK so you got yourself a sexy new v1240 / SP5 / qtec 8310? But those muppets at Vodafone give you free access to Vodafone live! but don't bother setting up the brand new, cutting edge phone for you to use, right?
Well luckily some people aren't quite so lame :)
Here's what you need to do to get it working:
1. Change your Vodafone WAP Proxy to 188.8.131.52:9201 (ie NOT .012)
2. Set Pocket IE's Connection to the WAP Network
3. Get a copy of a Smartphone registry editor. I used regeditSTG.exe – google is your friend.
4. Use it to change the Default Reg Key at HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/5.0/User Agent to
5. Anything you want to try from this page: link (I'm using the S55 string, works perfectly).
No warranty blah blah, hope this helps you guys out. Feel free to comment on this page.