Writing about web page http://www.wapshere.com/missmiis/getting-something-back-from-the-enumerateresourcesactivity
After adding workflow elements to enumerate an object, the ResorceType that gets returned is "nothing", however TotalResultsCount is 1 or more.
What's going on?
I'd added three separate enumerations to a workflow, and they worked fine. I added a fourth (enumerating a /Person resource) it was returning blank, despite the xpath being correct.
My standard set of workflow modules for doing an enumerate is normally this;
- Code: prepareToEnumerate
- EnumerateResource: enumerate
- Hidden: Iteration handler
- Code: Deug logging
There are two sets of code associated with a workflow;
- MyWorkflow.vb - contains the code executed by the workflow objects entered into the designer
- MyWorkflow.design.vb - is the saffolding for the designer, and holds metadata about your code
The modules I'd created in the designer previously seem to have been added just fine to the designer.vb file. However the last one wasn't - there was no reference to my hidden iteration handler, so I added it manually using the excelent guide at missmiis's blog.
The process she describes adds-in a reference to your hidden iterator code, and manually adds your iterator code as a handler to the EnumerateResource code. The design.vb code contains comments warning about making changes - seems like they can be safely ignored.
There's lots of stuff on the web that implies all enumerateResource code that requires an iterator needs to be manually added to the design.vb code. I'm still convinced that the first few enumerates I added worked automatically, and that maybe some other aspect (like the enumerate object was added to an if-else block) prevented it being added. I'll post an update once Ive experimented a little more.