What I have learnt in the process of writing the PMA
When I started this week to think about the PMA I was a bit afraid that I could not accomplish the 3000 words, I did not know how to start and certainly, I did not know what to read.
At the beginning I spent almost 14 hours reading, I was trying to find 15 papers in which I could base my writing, my first mistake!!.. after those hours I still havent written a world and still did not how to start. All that reading took me nowhere, I had a bunch of information I did not well understand and I did not know how to put together.
I was also reading at home (in my room, sometimes in my bed) and at the end I wasnt fully concentrated and sometiemes I was even sleepy, second mistake!!
On my third day of trying I decided to go to University House and start writing the introduction, after that decision everything became a bit easier, I could concentrate...so, I kept kept going to uni until I finished my first draft and not surprisingly I did not use three quarters of the papers I had gathered before, I was looking for papers and writing at the same time, so now that I had the idea of what to write some of the papers I found before were useless.
As a resut of my learning process writing my PMA, I have learnt some Lessons that I want to share:
1. Study in a place where you feel confortable but where you can also be cocentrated, I personally found that University House is the perfect place for me.
2. Don't read without a question on mind, reading too much at the begining is just a waste of time because nothing is clear.
3. Start your introduction early enough so you have the scope and direction for your paper.
4. Don't doubt your english, if you are capable to understand a class and to read, you are perfectly capable of writing 3000 words.
4. Take some breaks, give your mind time to think in something else that will help you be productive.
5. When you finish, give yourself a present for your effort, in my case I will take a small trip.