My leadership experience today
Today we had the hotel excercise...at the begining I had to play the observer role in my initial team...it seems that life is teaching me to be more quiet, observe more and listen more...at the end we have only one mouth, two ears and two eyes!
After my quiet moment, I was changed to a group and became the leader and sice the group was doing well already, I felt like I had the pressure of maintaing or improving the performance of the hotel...I appreciate so much working with this group, not only because we increased profits but for the learning experience they provided me. My learning points after the excercise were:
1. Make decisions based on facts...not on guts.
2. Listen to your people ideas.
3. Keep a good time management.
4. Ask the opinions of your team members before making decisions.
5. Keep an open mind even if the ideas are different from what you conceive as the right call.
6. Make effective use of the information available.
7. Step back sometimes, when you get too much time inside the details you can lose the vision of the whole picture.
8. Summarise points to see if everyone is understanding what is required.
9. If you are new, ask what is the current situation, what are the roles people is playing, how things are working.
Thank you very much guys for your feed back! It is nice to see the good thing and the areas for improvement...I apreciate it a lot.