UML for Developing Knowledge Management Systems
UML for Developing Knowledge Management Systems Anthonoy J. RhemP60
The following are some aspects about capturing tacit knowledge and about the experts that we seek out for this knowledge within the organization:
- Knowledge developers should focus on how experts approach a problem by loking beyond the facts or the heuristics.
- When modeling the tacit knowledge, reevaluate how well knowledge developers understand the problem domain and how accurately they are modeling it.
- Understand the qualifications of a good domain expert:
- Peers regard expert’s decisions as good decisions.
- Every time there is a problem, the expert is consulted.
- Expert sticks to the facts and works with a focus.
- Expert has a knack for explaining things.
- Expert exhibits an exceptional quality in explanations.
- Expert knows when to follow hunches and sees the big picture.
- Expert possesses good communication skills and thinks creatively.
- Expert maintains credibility.
- Expert operates within a schema-driven orientation.
- Expert uses chunked knowledge.
- Expert generates motivation and enthusiasm.
- Expert shares expertise willingly.