All entries for May 2005
May 15, 2005
Here's something to try in your next revision break… the river IQ game,
Everything is in Taiwanese, so here's what you have to do:
Everybody has to cross the river, but there are rules:
1. Only 2 people on the raft at a time.
2. The father can not stay with any of the daughters without their mother's presence (or he will beat them).
3. The mother can not stay with any of the sons without their father's presence (or she will beat them).
4. The thief (striped shirt) can not stay with any family member if the Policeman is not there.
5. Only the Father, the Mother and the Policeman know how to operate the raft.
6. To start click on the big blue circle on the right.
7. To move the people click on them. To move the raft click on the handle.
and when its finally time to get back to that revision, the solution follows:
P = policeman, T = thief, G = girl, B = boy, F = Father, M = Mother
1. P + T
3. P + B
4. P + T
5. F + B
7. F+ M
9. P + T
11. M + F
13. M + D
14. P + T
15. P + D
17. P + T
May 03, 2005
Please donate blood! Contact your local medical center to find out how you can do this, or if you are in the UK then go here, or if you are at the Uni of WArwick then next Tuesday (10th may) there is a session from about 9 – 4pm in Butterworth Hall.
I donated blood this morning (for the first time), and I am terrified of needles.. so if I can do it, so can you! The staff are really friendly and funny, and you get free squash and biscuits, as well as stickers and keyrings afterwards! So get yourselves down there! Save a life!